My George Zimmerman Prediction

George Zimmerman

George Zimmerman

Well, George Zimmerman is back in the news, today, and I feel a George Zimmerman prediction comin’ on.

Today, Zimmerman’s estranged wife called 911, saying she and her father were being threatened by Zimmerman who “continually has his hand on his gun, and [is] saying, ‘Step closer.’”  Police detained Zimmerman, but released him when his wife declined to press charges.

Now, I have no idea whether or not George Zimmerman was seriously threatening anyone today.  But here’s the thing.  If I had recently shot an unarmed teenager dead in my neighborhood, and less than two months earlier been acquitted of all charges for that killing in an OJ-style circus trial, I’m pretty sure I’d want to avoid calling further attention to myself for a while.  I’m quite sure I would not get pulled over in two different states for speeding.  Nor would I stage a heroic rescue of victims of an automobile accident.  And I surely would not show up at the home of my estranged wife’s parents (or anywhere else, for that matter), carrying a gun.

But that’s me.  George Zimmerman appears to be different.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and make a George Zimmerman prediction.  And not your typical “psychic”, many-things-might-loosely-qualify-as-a-hit sort of prediction.  I’m talking about a specific, verifiable time-limited prediction:  Within the next five years, George Zimmerman will be arrested (or otherwise detained by authorities) again for actions that involve a firearm.

Call it a hunch. Call it a “blink” assessment. I just think his self-induced, gun-related woes are not yet completely behind him.

Agree?  Disagree?  Put your stake in the ground in the comments below.  I’ll set a reminder for September 9, 2018 to follow up, if we haven’t heard anything by then.

2 comments for “My George Zimmerman Prediction

1. Jean
    September 10, 2013 at 9:56 am

I think “Zimmerman’s” wife knows exactly who her husband is, and what he is capable of doing. Her fear during yesterday’s altercation where he basically stalked her – was palpable. Someone who behaves as menacingly as George did (according to the 911 tape) can’t be considered safe. There are so many issues with this man. He is dangerous and unstable.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *